Did you let your NCEA Certified credential expire?
Get your recertification now...
The following documents are attached to my Recertification Application:
1. Candidate must meet a, b, c or d:
a) Current ESTHETICIAN or MASTER LICENSE (Attach copy)
b) Current COSMETOLOGY LICENSE (Attach copy)
c) LICENSED PROFESSIONAL (Attach copy)
d) OTHER PROFESSIONAL with RECERTIFICATION RECOMENDATION.
Note: Some state licenses do not allow you to copy them. You will need to provide a notarized document.
2. Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (Attach copy)
*American Health Care Academy - 15% Discount on Courses for NCEA Members
Offers Adult, Child & Infant CPR/AED and First Aid online courses.
NCEA Members receive 15% Discount: Use this link and enter "NCEA15" at checkout under
"Coupon Code" and then click "Apply"
Please note: To meet the CPR/AED/First Aid requirements on the NCEA Certified Candidate's
Application and Recertification Candidate's Application, candidates are required to attend an
in-person class once every five years.
Please check to see if your State Regulatory Board requirements accept online CPR/AED/First
Aid courses prior to taking advantage of this offer. You may also check with your local first aid
or fire department. Some of these programs may be offered as a community service in your area.
3. Current NCEA Individual Membership Certificate (Attach copy)
4 Current NCEA Certified Certificate (Attach copy)
5. Proof of Insurance Certificate.*(i.e. Attach copy of Declaration/Occurrence Page)
* If you are not practicing skin care and do not have current professional liability insurance,
complete the STATEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL INSURANCE.
6. Two (2) photos. Size 2" x 2" showing head & shoulders.
No dark glasses. Print your full name on back of both photos.
7. RECERTIFICATION SECTION KNOWLEDGE REVIEW (Attach Knowledge Review)
*Purchase a Recertification Section below
8. COA APPROVED CONTINUING EDUCATION COMPLETION
*Completion of 12 COA-Approved units required every 3 years. A CE Program can only be
submitted once. Find Live & Online Courses on http://nceacertified.tv/find-approved-providers
9. Check made payable to NCEA Certified in the amount of $150.00.
Download your Recertification Application & forms - Go to Step 1 - Certification Forms & Applications or click here
NCEA ReCertification Sections
ReCertification is required three (3) years from the date of expiration on your NCEA Certified certificate. As a NCEA Certified professional you are responsible for completion of recertification requirements, including completion of a ReCertification Section. Each section can only be used once for Recertification.
The NCEA ReCertification Sections are interactive sections that will guide your learning and it will take a place in your professional library for future reference. Each section includes 30 Study Objectives, 3 Self Assessments. The Knowledge Review is to be attached to the Affidavit of Section Review Completion and attached to the Recertification Application.
1. Alternative Therapies
- Sound Therapies
2. Medical Esthetics
- Medical Esthetic Career Opportunities
- Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Medical Spa
- Estheticians' Role in Laser & Light Therapy
3. Laser & Light Therapies
- Laser Physics and Laser Safety
- FDA Device Classification and Laser Hazard Classes
- Client Medical & Lifestyle History, Consultation, Documentation and Skin Evaluation
4. Esthetic Technologies
- Radio Frequency