Become a NCEA Trainer
Mentor the next generation of Estheticians...
WHAT IS A NCEA TRAINER?
A NCEA Trainer provides NCEA Certification Prep Classes, and performs Records Verification in the United States or abroad. If the Trainer has access to the physical and technical requirements required to provide on-site testing, they can provide and proctor the NCEA Certification Exam.
WHY BECOME A NCEA TRAINER?
- You have a strong desire to mentor and share your knowledge with other like-minded individuals that are seeking a higher standard through certification.
- You have great organizational and communication skills, and the ability to deliver valuable feedback to help others.
- You know you are the right person if you:
Enjoy sharing your knowledge,
See the potential in others,
Represent the essence of the NCEA Certified professional!
WHO CAN BECOME A NCEA TRAINER?
- A licensed Esthetician, or a licensed Cosmetologist with 3-years experience.
- You must be a NCEA Certified professional in good standing.
WHAT IS A PREP CLASS?
- A Prep Class is an interactive study group that allows the candidate to further their knowledge development.
- It’s an excellent way for candidates to "brush-up" on skills.
- A mentoring environment to help candidates meet their goals of attaining the NCEA Certified credential.
HOW MUCH CAN I MAKE AS A NCEA TRAINER?
If you want to:
- Option 1 – Teach the Prep Class and provide Records Verification. ($87.50 per student)
- Option 2 – Sell NCEA Training Manuals, Teach the Prep Class and provide Records Verification. ($129.10 per student)
- Option 3 – Sell NCEA Training Manuals, Teach the Prep Class and provide Records Verification, and Proctor Exam. ($154.10 per student)
HOW LONG IS A NCEA PREP CLASS?
- Depending on the number of the attendees, you will need a minimum of 4 hours to complete a class with 6 attendees.
- The maximum amount of time it takes for a Prep Class is 7 hours.
- If you plan on providing on-site testing (Option 3) then you will need to plan your class accordingly. A one-hour break at the conclusion of the class, then you will need a 90-minute window for each candidate per computer.
- As the proctor, the maximum number of Candidates you can proctor in a room is four (4).
HOW DO I GET PAID?
- You will send the completed Candidate Applications to the NCEA Executive Offices.
- NCEA will issue the Trainer payment within 45 days via direct deposit.*
- A 1099 will be issued at the end of the year.
*Trainer is responsible for Records Verification and proctoring of exam. If a requirement(s) are not, payment will be delayed until Trainer completes the requirement(s). (i.e. If Trainer allows a candidate to test with an incomplete Candidate Application, Trainer must work with Candidate to complete it)
WHAT PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ARE NEEDED TO PROVIDE THE PREP CLASS?
- You will want to find a class location that fits minimum of 6-12 people classroom-style.
- You will need to have a laptop with PowerPoint, LCD projector and screen; a microphone is typically not required.
- You will be given a digital license to use the NCEA Prep Class PowerPoint.
WHAT TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS ARE NEEDED TO TEST CANDIDATES?
- PC laptop or computer that meets the system requirements. (Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10)
- Fast Internet Connection.
- Able to provide a quiet space for testing the candidate.
HOW IS THE PREP CLASS MARKETED?
- As a Trainer for the National Coalition of Estheticians, Manufacturers/Distributors & Associations (NCEA), you can grow your class attendance and reputation by speaking at local esthetician schools, updating your LinkedIn profile as a NCEA Trainer, and advertising by other means.
- If you are partnered with a product/equipment training facility, a school, or any other type of business, be aware of possible conflicts of interest. Prep Classes are not to be used to advertise equipment/products, or any other service. Any grievances will be dealt with following NCEA Members Guidelines http://ncea.tv/membership-guidelines
- The NCEA will list class dates with registration links and send out a state-specific email. http://www.nceacertified.tv/find-certification-prep-classes
- The Facebook Page – NCEA Certified allows the trainer to “SHARE” NCEA Certified posts to their Facebook page to use for promotion
- The Facebook Group - NCEA Certified Candidates, should also be given to candidates, as an additional resource.
WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS IF I AM INTERESTED IN BECOMING A NCEA TRAINER?
- Find a location/place that will meet the requirements.
- Choose a minimum of three (3) prep class dates with the first date at least 60 days from the time of returning of the Letter of Understanding.
- Contact the NCEA at info@NCEACertified.org or 201-670-4100 Ext. 5 for the Letter of Understanding
- NCEA will then provide you with your class registration links for your dates.
- Start marketing your classes!
Mentoring the next generation of Estheticians provides the opportunity to change our profession’s future.
–Susanne S. Warfield, NCEA’s Founder & CEO