NCEA Recertification Application Requirements
The following notarized documents are attached to my Recertification Application:
1. Candidate must meet a, b, c or d:
a) Current ESTHETICIAN or MASTER LICENSE (notarized)
b) Current COSMETOLOGY LICENSE (notarized)
c) LICENSED PROFESSIONAL (notarized)
d) OTHER PROFESSIONAL with RECERTIFICATION RECOMENDATION.
2. Current CPR/AED Certification*. (notarized)
3. Current First Aid Certification* or equivalent First Responder. (notarized)
*American Health Care Academy - 15% Discount on Courses for NCEA Members
Offers Adult, Child & Infant CPR/AED and First Aid online courses.
NCEA Members receive 15% Discount: Use this link and enter "NCEA15" at checkout under
"Coupon Code" and then click "Apply"
Please note: To meet the CPR/AED/First Aid requirements on the NCEA Certified Candidate's
Application and Recertification Candidate's Application, candidates are required to attend an
in-person class once every five years.
Please check to see if your State Regulatory Board requirements accept online CPR/AED/First
Aid courses prior to taking advantage of this offer. You may also check with your local first aid
or fire department. Some of these programs may be offered as a community service in your area.
4. Current NCEA Individual Membership Certificate. (notarized)
(Exempt: District of Columbia Licensees)
5. Current NCEA Certified Certificate. (notarized)
6. Proof of Insurance Certificate.* (notarized)
*Provide CANDIDATE AFFIDAVIT OF PROFESSIONAL INSURANCE,
if you are currently not practicing skin care and do not have current professional liability insurance.
7. Two (2) photos. Size 2" x 2" showing head & shoulders.
No dark glasses. Print your full name on back of both photos.
8. AFFIDAVIT OF SECTION REVIEW COMPLETION. (notarized)
*Continuing Education (CE) articles on Medical Esthetics, Alternative Therapies or Laser & Light
Therapies CAN NOT be used for CEs and to meet the section review requirement.
The Section Reviews contain additional course work that must be completed and attached
to the Affidavit of Section Review Completion. PURCHASE SECTION REVIEW BELOW
9. AFFIDAVIT OF COA APPROVED CONTINUING EDUCATION COMPLETION. (notarized)
*Completion of 12 COA Approved units required with this application. For a complete list of
COA-Approved Providers - go to COA Approved Providers and check out over 70 online CEs
Go to: http://nceacertified.tv/online-ce-activities
10. Check made payable to NCEA Certified in the amount of $150.00.
Additional forms needed to complete your recertification application requirements are under Step 1 - Certification Forms & Applications
NCEA ReCertification Sections
ReCertification is required three (3) years from the date of expiration on your NCEA Certified certificate. As a NCEA Certified professional you are responsible for completion of recertification requirements, including completion of a ReCertification Section.
The NCEA ReCertification Sections are interactive sections that will guide your learning and it will take a place in your professional library for future reference. Each section includes 30 Study Objectives, 3 Self Assessments and Knowledge Review.
1. Alternative Therapies
- Sound Therapies
2. Medical Esthetics
- Medical Esthetic Career Opportunities
- Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Medical Spa
- Estheticians' Role in Laser & Light Therapy
3. Laser & Light Therapies
- Laser Physics and Laser Safety
- FDA Device Classification and Laser Hazard Classes
- Client Medical & Lifestyle History, Consultation, Documentation and Skin Evaluation